These disc work great
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
4.5” x 7/8” C3 Compact Ceramic Flap Discs by CGW - Camel Grinding Wheels
The classic, high quality flap discs that Camel Grinding Wheels are known for now available with the newest innovation in abrasive grain technology, ceramic. CGW C3 Ceramic Flap Discs are designed with high strength paper flaps, adhered to a fiberglass backing plate but now feature premium ceramic grains. These ceramic grains are self-sharpen while in use providing a shaper, more consistent cut. Furthermore, these ceramic flap discs remain much cooler than zirconia flap disc alternatives making them the ideal choice for any heat sensitive materials. These Ceramic flapper discs are particularly effective for use on stainless steel, carbon steel allots, and other metals, boasting a 50% longer life than zirconia flap discs working on these materials. Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure to achieve significant stock removal further extending the life of these flappers. So if you are looking for a sharp, consistent cut, long-life, reduced disc changing the C3 CGW Ceramic Flap Discs are the perfect flap discs for you.
Available Grits: 36, 40, 60, 80
• High Strength Flap Paper
• Reinforced Fiberglass Backing
• Premium Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Hybrid Compact design for 4-1/2" and 5" discs have compressed flaps, compacted at a 4 degree angle for edge strength.
• C3 flap discs also provide contaminate-free results and will not rust stainless steel.
• C3 - Self-sharpening ceramic grain and cool grinding aid. Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Ceramic Flap Discs last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
• Ceramic Flap Discs have self sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Ceramic Flap Discs run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat build up.
• Ceramic flap discs are designed to last longer than zirconia flap discs.
• Ceramic Flap Discs reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• 4 degree angle compacted flaps
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 7/8”
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60, 80 Grits available