- ABRASIVE WHEELS
- SANDING DISCS
- WIRE PRODUCTS
- SANDING BELTS
- SPECIALTY ABRASIVES
- ACCESSORIES & MORE
4.5” x 5/8”-11 Black Hawk Trimmable Hubbed Ceramic Angle Grinder Flap Discs with screw on attachment is available in 36 Grit, 40 Grit, 60 Grit, and 80 Grit. These flappers allow you to get the most our of each flap disc by trimming away the hubbed backing pad to reveal more sharp unused flaps!
As we all know time is money and well, money is money. With the new 4.5” Trimmable Ceramic Flap Discs by Black Hawk you can save both!
As with the classic Black Hawk Ceramic Flap Disc this flapper is fully loaded with ceramic grains resin bonded to high strength polyester flaps but now features a trimmable threaded hubbed version for maximal life and ease of use. Ceramic grains are the next evolution of abrasive material due to their fracturing during use providing the most consistently sharp edges throughout the useful life. Additionally, Black Hawk Ceramic Discs require less pressure to achieve the same stock removal as other abrasive flap disc which further extends the life. Now, combine the aforementioned long lasting properties with the ability to shave away the backing pad to reveal more untouched abrasive flaps and you got yourself an EXTREMELY useful disc. Trimming the backing provides more disc to be used and thus fewer disc changes, saving you time and money. To trim the backing away simply angle the backing edge against a hard metal edge and grind away the overlapping backing plastic. Additionally, these ceramic flap discs have a threaded attachment making them easy to spin on or off. All in all, if maximizing your time and abrasive budget is a priority and you do not want to sacrifice quality the 4.5” x 5/8”-11 Threaded Trimmable Ceramic Flap Disc by Black Hawk abrasive is the flap disc for you.
• Threaded Hub for Ease of Attachment and Removal
• Plastic Trimmable Backing
• High Strength Polyester Sanding Flap Paper
• Premium Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Black Hawk Ceramic flap discs are contaminate-free and will not rust stainless steel.
• Self-sharpening ceramic grain and cool grinding aid. Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Lasts longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
• Ceramic Flap Discs have self-sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat buildup.
• Designed to last longer than zirconia flap discs.
• Reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• T27 – Flat Shape
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 5/8”-11 (Threaded Hub)
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60, 80 Grits available