- ABRASIVE WHEELS
- SANDING DISCS
- WIRE PRODUCTS
- SANDING BELTS
- SPECIALTY ABRASIVES
- ACCESSORIES & MORE
4-1/2” x 5/8”-11 Trimmable Ceramic Threaded Hubbed Black Hawk Flap disc for angle grinders are available in 36 Grit, 40 Grit, 60 Grit, and 80 Grit and feature a plastic trimmable backing which can be cut down to reveal more useful abrasive flaps. These flapper discs screw on and off easily and provide premium ceramic grains and strong flaps.
Do you ever get to the end of a flap disc, stare at the remaining unused abrasive flap material and think, “man, if I could only trim off this backing I’d have plenty of disc to go…”? So did the guys over at Black Hawk Abrasives!
Introducing 4.5” x 5/8”-11 Trimmable Ceramic Flap Discs. Now, not only do you get the benefits of superior consistent grinding, fast stock removal, and long life associated with Black Hawk Ceramic Flap discs but now you can make that grind go further with a trimmable plastic backing pad. As the flaps ware away and you reach the start of the backing, simply press the edge of the backing pad to a hard metal and grind it away to reveal more ceramic abrasive flap material. Additionally, the trimmable flap discs are made with the threaded screw on and off attachment of a hubbed flap discs so there is no need for a fastening nut. Simply spin it on and get to grinding. So to summarize you get the quality and long life of a high end ceramic flap disc, quick attachment and removal of a hubbed flap disc, and a trimmable plastic backing to squeeze every last grind from this flap disc…Seems like a win, win, win!
• Threaded Hub for Ease of Attachment and Removal
• Plastic Trimmable Backing
• High Strength Polyester Sanding Flap Paper
• Premium Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Black Hawk Ceramic flap discs are contaminate-free and will not rust stainless steel.
• Self-sharpening ceramic grain and cool grinding aid. Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Lasts longer and reduces downtime from disc change over.
• Ceramic Flap Discs have self-sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat buildup.
• Designed to last longer than zirconia flap discs.
• Reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• T29 – Conical Shape
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 5/8”-11 (Threaded Hub)
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60, 80 Grits available
I used to use the Zirc flap discs and had no problem with them. I decided to give these ceramic ones a go after seeing their efficiency in videos on YouTube and these are night and day better! They cut faster AND cooler. depending on your angle, you can grind a ton of metal down then angle it differently and use a softer touch to make a finer finish with the same wheel! I am ordering one of each grit right now. I also love that these are trim-able and threaded for very easy change-out. Plus, shipping is always ultra fast ;) Kyle on Jul 9th 2016