Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Two classics staples combined! The versatility and reliability of a flap disc now with the surface preparation capabilities of surface conditioning sanding pads. 4.5” Inch Surface Conditioning Flap Discs by Black Hawk Abrasives are made from premium nylon webbing infused with aluminum oxide grains, adhered in an overlapping, flap pattern onto a strong fiberglass backing. These discs provide the same blending, deburring and cleaning ability of a surface conditioning discs but now with the added benefit of longer life and more consistent finishes provided by the flap disc construction. As the nylon material wares down, new material is revealed allowing for more consistent results with less down time to switch discs. These flap discs will not only offer better results than standard surface conditioning discs but increase operator efficiency and decrease operator fatigue. 4.5” x 7/8” scotch brite surface conditioning flap discs are perfect for use on steel as well as stainless steel and come in 3 variations of coarseness: Fine - Blue, Medium - Maroon/Red, and Coarse - Brown. Additionally, these discs attach right to a standard angle grinder without the need of any backing pad. Finally, each disc is designed with a T29 (conical) shape for optimal surface contact during use.
Fine (280 - 360 Grit) - Blue
Medium (120 - 180 Grit) - Maroon
Coarse (60 - 80 Grit) - Brown
• Premium nylon webbing surface conditioning material
• Strong fiberglass backing
• T29 Conical shape for most contact during use
Benefits of Surface Conditioning Flap Discs:
• Surface conditioning flap discs last 5 times longer than the flat discs.
• Surface conditioning flap discs provide a more consistent finish than discs.
• Surface conditioning flap discs do not require backing pad and can be used on a standard 4.5" angle grinder.
Works well on the following materials:
• Stainless Steel
• Standard or Alloyed Steel
• Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• Type 29 - Conical
• Diameter = 4.5”
• Arbor Size = 7/8"
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Non-Woven
• Used on an angle grinder