- ABRASIVE WHEELS
- SANDING DISCS
- WIRE PRODUCTS
- SANDING BELTS
- SPECIALTY ABRASIVES
- ACCESSORIES & MORE
4-1/2" x 7/8" Ceramic Angle Grinder Flapper Discs by Black Hawk are great for sanding, blending, grinding, deburring and finishing and come in 36 grit, 40 grit, 60 grit and 80 grit. Made with red premium ceramic abrasive grains on high strength flaps, each disc is crafted for performance.
The classic, high quality flap discs that Black Hawk are known for are now available with the newest innovation in abrasive grain technology: Ceramic Grains. 4.5” Black Hawk Ceramic Flap Discs are designed with ceramic grains resin bonded to high strength polyester flaps which are adhered to a fiberglass backing plate. These ceramic grains are self-sharpening while in use, providing the most consistent cut and rapid stock removal. Moreover, these ceramic flap discs remain cooler than zirconia flap disc alternatives making them the ideal choice for any heat sensitive materials. These Ceramic flapper discs are particularly effective for use on stainless steel, carbon steel allots, and other metals, boasting a 50% longer life than zirconia flap discs working on the same materials. Finally, Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure to achieve significant stock removal which further extends the life of these flap discs. So if you are looking for a sharp and consistent cut, long-life, and reduced disc changing the Black Hawk Ceramic Flap Discs are the perfect flap discs for you.
• High Strength Polyester Sanding Flap Paper
• Reinforced Fiberglass Backing
• Premium Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Black Hawk Ceramic flap discs are contaminate-free and will not rust stainless steel.
• Self-sharpening ceramic grain and cool grinding aid. Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
• Contaminant Free: Less than 0.1% Iron, Sulfur and Chlorine - will NOT cause after-rust
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
• Self-sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat buildup.
• Designed to last longer than zirconia flap discs.
• Reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• T29 – Conical Shape
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 7/8”
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60, 80 Grits available
I have been in the metal fabrication business for over forty years. I have used many types and brands of abrasives and metal cutting discs. I use the Black Hawk Ceramic flap discs to grind and finish stainless steel which is a good test for any abrasive. This product performs well and is a very good value for your investment when purchasing shop supplies. I must admit that there is another brand that I have been using for many years and I would consider the best in its field but the cost each is double that of the Black Hawk product. I have purchased this product several times now and will continue to use them in my shop.
Don Unknown on Oct 5th 2018
I don't use these because they don't usually last very long, but these work great and last. Scotty on Jul 26th 2017
:-) !!! What else can i say Doug L on Aug 18th 2016