FOR QUESTIONS OR INQUIRES
Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
The 4-1/2” x 7/8” Alpha Disc by Black Hawk Abrasives is one of the biggest, baddest, and best high density flap discs you’ve ever used.
These state of the art 4.5 inch flap discs start with top of the line ceramic abrasive grains. Ceramic grains offer a number of advantageous properties that make them the longest lasting and fastest cutting, but also ideal for use on more sensitive work pieces. First ceramic grains are “self-sharpening”, which means their molecular structure causes them to fracture in a way that continuously produces sharp cutting edges. This characteristic makes these 4.5 ceramic flap discs consistently fast cutting and precise throughout their useful life. Secondly, these ceramic grains have a cool grinding aid which reduces heat buildup during use, simultaneously protecting the work piece and further increasing the life of the flap disc. Lastly, the ceramic grains on the Black Hawk Alpha Flap Discs are “Contaminant Free” meaning they contain less than .1% of iron, sulfur or chlorine. This prevents after rust and corrosion (stainless steel WILL NOT rust as a result of using this flap disc).
The 4.5” x 7/8” Alpha Disc continues to set itself apart from the pack with the quantity and quality of the flap material that the ceramic grains are affixed to. As the name implies “Alpha” discs are extra-large flap discs and thus have approximately 30% more sanding flap material than standard 4-1/2” Black Hawk Flap Discs (which are already well above industry average). These additional XL flaps are made of polyester offering the greatest level of strength and durability compared to poly-cotton or cotton varieties.
If all of that wasn’t enough, the 4 ½ inch Black Hawk “Alpha Disc” features a Hybrid flap layout. This compact design compresses the flaps on the edges to provide greater edge strength and longevity during the toughest grinding applications.
The Alpha Ceramic XL Flap Disc will significantly out-cut and out-last all comparable zirconia or aluminum oxide varieties. The Alpha discs are the ideal choice for hard to grind materials, as well as heat sensitive or contaminant sensitive material including stainless steel. Simply put, the price to performance ratio offered with the BHA Alpha Disc is the best you’ll find on the market today. So, if you’re serious about your abrasives this is the flap disc for you.
• High Strength Polyester Sanding Flap Paper
• Reinforced Fiberglass Backing
• Premium Long Lasting Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Cool Grinding Aid - Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
• Contaminant Free: Less than 0.1% Iron, Sulfur and Chlorine - will NOT cause after-rust
• Compact "Hybrid" Flap Layout - Maximizes edge strength for toughest grinding applications
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
• Self-sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat buildup.
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• Angle Grinder
• Hybrid Flap Design
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 7/8”
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60, 80 Grits available