Total Price:Add to Cart
Please choose options for all selected products
Mercer 4-1/2 Red Surface Preparation Wheels are made of a non-woven synthetic fibers densely packed into a disc and impregnated with aluminum oxide abrasive grains. This disc is affixed to a strong PVC plastic backing and is meant to be used on an 4-1/2 inch angle grinder. These 4.5 inch surface prep wheels are perfect for blending, finishing or cleaning metal that has been discolored during welding or grinding. This Mercer non-woven surface prep disc is red or maroon meaning it is of fine coarseness and primarily used to clean, polish or blend a variety of metals including stainless steel. Additional benefits of the 4.5" x 7/8" surf prep wheel includes that is can be used fully, meaning 100% of the abrasive and nylon portion can be used. Also, these discs can be used with water or solvents.
Fine - Maroon (Aluminum Oxide)
• Dense nylon webbing surface conditioning material
• Strong PVC plastic backing
• T27 flat shape
Benefits of Surface Conditioning Flap Discs:
• Designed to prevent snagging and tearing
• Can be used with solvents or water
• Surface Preparation Wheels do not require backing pad and can be used on a standard 4.5" angle grinder.
• Can use 100% of the wheel (Long Lasting!)
Works well on the following materials:
Maroon (Aluminum Oxide)
• Stainless Steel
• Standard or Alloyed Steel
• Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys
• Type 27 - Flat
• Diameter = 4.5”
• Arbor Size = 7/8"
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Non-Woven (Nylon Synthetic Fiber)
• Used on an angle grinder