- ABRASIVE WHEELS
- SANDING DISCS
- WIRE PRODUCTS
- SANDING BELTS
- SPECIALTY ABRASIVES
- ACCESSORIES & MORE
4.5” x 7/8” Ceramic Angle Grinder Flap Discs by Black Hawk Abrasives are available in 36 grit, 40 grit, 60 grit, and 80 grit and boast the newest innovation in abrasive technology. Each Red Flapper disc is made with ceramic grains which continually sharpen during use and reduce heat and loading.
Upon first glance at these red flap discs one might think that color is the only difference between 4.5” Black Hawk Ceramic Flap Discs and other flap discs you’ve seen lying around the shop. However, these ceramic flap discs provide many superior traits that Aluminum Oxide or Zirconia flap discs simply do not have. Firstly, ceramic flap discs are self-sharpening, meaning that as they are used to grind the fracturing properties of the ceramic grain produces a new, equally sharp edge. This feature makes ceramic flap discs consistently sharp throughout their useful life. Additionally, the continual sharp nature of Black Hawk ceramic flap discs creates an ability to remove stock more quickly with less pressure when doing so. Furthermore, these ceramic flap discs reduce heat buildup during use which simultaneously protects the work piece and further increases the life of the flap disc. These discs truly offer a superior performance to cost ratio. These Ceramic flappers are particularly effective for use on stainless steel, carbon steel allots, and other metals. So next time you see a bright red Black Hawk Flap Disc sitting on you angle grinder, smile, because it’s going to be a great grind!
• High Strength Polyester Sanding Flap Paper
• Reinforced Fiberglass Backing
• Premium Ceramic Abrasive Grains
• Black Hawk Ceramic flap discs are contaminate-free and will not rust stainless steel.
• Self-sharpening ceramic grain and cool grinding aid. Ideal for hard-to-grind materials including steel and other heat sensitive materials.
Benefits of Ceramic Flap Discs:
• Ceramic Flap Discs out perform traditional zirconia flap discs by 50% on stainless steel, carbon steel allots and exotic metals.
• Ceramic Flap Discs require less pressure for excessive stock removal.
• Ceramic Flap Discs last longer and reduce downtime for disc change over.
• Ceramic Flap Discs have self-sharpening grains which result in a consistent finish throughout the life of the disc.
• Ceramic Flap Discs run cooler than zirconia and aluminum oxide flap discs reducing heat buildup.
• Ceramic flap discs are designed to last longer than zirconia flap discs.
• Ceramic Flap Discs reduce work hardening on heat-sensitive materials
Works well on the following materials:
• Aerospace alloys
• Carbon steels
• Nickel alloys
• Cast iron
• Stainless steels
• Grinding, blending, finishing
• Edge chamfering
• Stock removal
• T27 – Flat Shape
• Dimensions = 4.5”x 7/8”
• Max RPM = 13300
• Material = Ceramic Grain
• Grit = 36, 40, 60 & 80 Grits available